The following details the election process and provides information regarding the Annual Meeting. All members are invited to attend, so please mark your calendars and join us. We hope to see you there!
2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION & ANNUAL MEETING
- The Nominating Committee has submitted nominations for two (2) seats for the Board of Directors. Nominations for vacancies may also be made by any member at least eighteen (18) years of age filing a written petition containing signatures of at least 96 members (one (1) percent of membership), a statement of qualifications and a signed statement agreeing to serve if elected with the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Bill Meador, no later than 5pm, November 4, 2019.
- When there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor. If sufficient nominations are made by the nominating committee or by petition to provide more than one nominee for any position, ballots will be distributed to all members eligible to vote. To be eligible, members must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Election to the Board of Directors shall be determined by plurality of vote. Voting will be conducted by ballot box.
- Ballots, if necessary, may be cast from 9am, Tuesday, November 12, 2019, until 5pm, Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
- Eligible members may also vote at the Annual Meeting if they have not previously cast a ballot. Nominations from the floor are not permitted at the Annual Meeting.
- The 2019 Election results will be announced during the 2019 Annual Meeting.
The 2019 Annual Meeting will be held at 6pm, Wednesday, December 4, 2019, at the Thalia branch office located at 4164 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Terms Expiring: Joelle Talbot, Nianza Wallace
Nominations Made by the Committee: Joelle Talbot (Incumbent), Nianza Wallace (Incumbent)
2019 ELECTION QUALIFICATIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Since 2010, Mrs. Talbot has volunteered her time as a Director. She was born and raised in Virginia Beach and is a graduate of Princess Anne Business College. She began her career with the City’s Police Department as an Offense Clerk and soon transferred to the Finance Department. She retired after 36 years of service and is thoroughly enjoying her new lifestyle. She is active with the Virginia Beach Retired Employees Association and enjoys playing Bunco and spending time with her husband of 45 years, their daughter, and grandchildren.
Mr. Wallace has spent more than 25 years as a volunteer of the Credit Union. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board and has previously filled the positions of Vice Chair and Director. After graduating from Virginia Wesleyan College with a B.A. in History, he procured his law degree from the Detroit College of Law. After 27 years with the City Attorney’s Office, Mr. Wallace retired in March 2013.