The following details the election process and provides information regarding the Annual Meeting. All members are invited to attend, so please mark your calendars and join us. We hope to see you there!
2020 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION & ANNUAL MEETING
- The Nominating Committee has submitted nominations for three (3) seats for the Board of Directors. Nominations for vacancies may also be made by any member at least eighteen (18) years of age filing a written petition containing signatures of at least 96 members (one (1) percent of membership), a statement of qualifications and a signed statement agreeing to serve if elected with the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Shane Hughes, no later than 5pm, October 31, 2020.
- When there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor. If sufficient nominations are made by the nominating committee or by petition to provide more than one nominee for any position, ballots will be distributed to all members eligible to vote. To be eligible, members must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Election to the Board of Directors shall be determined by plurality of vote. Voting will be conducted by ballot box.
- Ballots, if necessary, may be cast from 9am, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, until 5pm, Thursday, November 19, 2020.
- Eligible members may also vote at the Annual Meeting if they have not previously cast a ballot. Nominations from the floor are not permitted at the Annual Meeting.
- The 2020 Election results will be announced during the 2020 Annual Meeting.
The 2020 Annual Meeting will be held at 6pm, Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at the Thalia branch office located at 4164 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Terms Expiring: Doug Guevara, Lois Ritger, Teresa Tatem
Nominations Made by the Committee: Doug Guevara (Incumbent), Lois Ritger (Incumbent), Teresa Tatem (Incumbent)
2020 ELECTION QUALIFICATIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Mr. Guevara has worked for the City of Virginia Beach since 1993. He is married with four children and is an avid Mets fan. A member since 1994, Mr.Guevara was appointed to the Board of Directors earlier this year to fill an open position. He says he really looks forward to serving the members of the Credit Union!
Ms. Ritger has been a member of Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union since 1976 and a member of the Board of Directors since 2005. In addition to her employment as a Records Management Specialist, she serves for the Virginia Association of Government Archivists and Record Administrators (VAGARA). She is very involved with her church and is a long-term member of the Kempsville High School’s Class of 1973 Reunion Committee.
Ms. Tatem began her career in 1983 when she became an employee of the City Treasurer of Virginia Beach. After 36 years, she retired in December 2019 as a Master Governmental Deputy Treasurer and continues to serve as a volunteer for the Treasurers Association of Virginia. A member of the Credit Union since 1988, she is proud to be a native of Virginia Beach and enjoys living the country life in the Pungo area of the city.